- Job Category: Manufacturing
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Cooper Machinery Services
- More Jobs from this Company
Job Title: Machinist II
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Group: Regular – Full Time
Location: Salina, KS
About Cooper Machinery Services:
Cooper Machinery Services provides natural gas compression equipment and services to customers globally in the Oil & Gas, Power, Transportation, and Marine sectors. With a proud heritage dating back to 1833, Cooper Machinery Services is the OEM for legendary product lines including Cooper-Bessemer™, Ajax™, Superior™, Gemini, TSI, CSI, Enterprise, and Joy. Headquartered in Houston, TX, but with commercial and services hubs around the world, Cooper Machinery Services provides world-class services to more than 22,000 units in its installed base.
Our strength is our people. Each employee plays an integral role in our success and growth. With a commitment to our vision that strong relationships drive strong results and better business, our people make Cooper Machinery Services legendary.
The Machinist II is responsible for operating machinery to support production of many various one off parts, and various tooling needs while maintaining safe work practices and assisting the Aftermarket team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Machinist II will be responsible for the following:
• Machine parts to specifications using manual machine tools such as drills, lathes and milling machines.
• Repair/restoration of parts supporting our turbocharger service business.
• Read blueprints, drawings, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work.
• Perform dimensional layout on all machined parts to confirm conformity to prints and other routing instructions. Ensure applicable documentation is complete i.e. sign off on job card, SIS (Source Inspections Sheets) etc., and computer entry
• Identify multiple surface finishes.
• Deburr and stamp parts to specifications.
• Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, jaw attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
• Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process. Watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
• Maintain a clean work area to include emptying waste container, used oil, sweeping chips, replace broken pallets.
• Read job card and determine product to be produced, instructions, specifications, actual machining time, quantities, etc.
• Observe all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and all safety rules / requirements such as machining guards, lifting techniques, slips and falls prevention, etc.
• Operate assigned machine (lathe, Mill) independently with little to no guidance to include applicable set up
• Run multiple types of machines.
• Operate all machine tools as required.
• Use advanced trade mathematics together with the use of complicated drawings,
• Specifications and all varieties of precision measuring instruments
• Complete all other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution
• Minimum 2-5 years of experience in manual machining.
• Advanced knowledge of precision measuring tools such as dial and Vernier calipers, ID MICS, depth mics, ball mics, etc.
• Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds physically able to perform labor, prolonged periods of standing, bending, or kneeling to meet the requirement of job.
• Work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities.
• Adapt to constantly evolving work requirements in a team environment.
• Certification to operate a forklift, pallet jack and crane.
• Vo Tech Certificate
• Ability to read and understand instructions; quality control; and safety.
• Effective verbal, written communications skills
• Basic math and computer skills
• Ability to read, evaluate and respond to product specifications and drawings.
• Familiar and comfortable with various types of metal cutting machinery (mechanically inclined)
• Safety focused.
• Business focused.
• A self-starter
• Strong teamwork skills
• Results oriented.
• Sense of urgency
Climate controlled building year round
Excellent benefit package, including:
Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
401K, 401K Match.
Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays.
Competitive hourly pay based on experience, flexible life work balance.
Cooper Machinery Services is an equal opportunity employer and gives all qualified applicants consideration of employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
TO APPLY: Click the APPLY ONLINE HERE link Under Contact Information below or visit the careers page at http://cooperservices.com
Please be sure to mention you found this position on KansasJobsLink.com