Field Service Automation Technician
- Job Category: Maintenance
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Coperion K-Tron Salina Inc.
- More Jobs from this Company
Coperion is looking for a Field Service Automation Technician – Controls to join our team in Salina, Kansas. As a Field Service Automation Technician – Controls, you will be responsible for representing Coperion in the capacity of service providing assistance at the customer sites. Further, the Field Service Automation Technician will have a knowledge of system controls including programming, provide electrical controls guidance and support, (including programming), direction, review, coordination and functional operations for material handling systems, control systems, and control panel design, while managing satisfactory operation at the user’s facility.
What Coperion Offers You:
· A robust PTO policy with 15 days of paid vacation, 11 paid holidays, and 6 paid sick days!
· Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, which includes MD Live, RX help center, Medical Advocate Program, company paid short-term & long-term disability, among others.
· Generous 401K Matching Program – 3% (base pay) automatic contribution + $.50 for each additional dollar saved on the first 6% of pay saved*.
· Competitive pay.
· Opportunities for development and advancement.
What you’ll do:
• Support code for programmable logic controllers to control material handling equipment.
• Plan and provide technical and functional operations for assigned control systems and equipment proposals that match our customer’s needs with compatible technical, functional, and company interests.
• Review and coordinate job progress relevant to schedules through, production, start-up, and customer acceptance.
• Consult, advise, or assist sales, manufacturing, and engineering on day-to-day problems relevant to assigned systems and equipment. Forward any recommendation for service and equipment improvement to Field Service management.
• Assist in or perform field start-up and performance problem solving of systems and equipment.
• Conduct a continuing program of self-improvement relative to these duties, advancement there from, and keep informed on new developments in the engineering field relevant to the product line.
• Responsibilities will include travel throughout North America.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• 3+ years’ experience with PLC and HMI programming as a field service engineer.
• Ability to travel for purposes of field survey, presentation of proposals, sales follow up, start-up services, and problem-solving services, in the field or in other company buildings.
• Must be willing to adapt to flexible working hours (holidays, weekends). Willingness to put in the extra hours necessary to complete a project within a deadline.
• Responsible, dependable, and safety focused attitude.
• Ability to read schematics, field wiring and network diagrams.
• Valid United States Passport.
Travel Requirements: Up to 75% in accordance with field service travel regulations.
Great to Haves:
• AutoCad experience.
• Good analytical skills necessary for supporting control systems, and to analyze, plan and coordinate work activities, according to priorities, and flexibility to adapt to changes with workload, priorities, and schedules.
• Must be detail oriented and have good skills in planning, coordinating, and organizing.
• Must have excellent verbal communication skills when working with internal and external customers.
• Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift items as heavy as 50lbs. Specific vision abilities may include the employee’s ability to see near and far distances.
Who we are:
Coperion is an industry leader in compounding and extrusion, feeding and weighing, bulk material handling and service, bringing a wealth of know-how and experience to the market. Customers benefit from Coperion’s divisions of Polymer, Equipment & Systems, and Service that are optimally networked on a global basis to offer ultimate support in the design, manufacturing and implementation of ideal systems. Staffed by engineers, chemists, technicians and a variety of industry experts, these Divisions form a powerhouse of process solutions for their customers.
Coperion is an operating company of Hillenbrand. Hillenbrand (NYSE: HI) is a global industrial company that provides highly engineered, mission-critical processing equipment and solutions to customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our portfolio is composed of leading industrial brands that serve large, attractive end markets, including durable plastics, food, and recycling. Guided by our Purpose — Shape What Matters For Tomorrow™ — we pursue excellence, collaboration, and innovation to consistently shape solutions that best serve our associates, customers, communities, and other stakeholders. To learn more, visit: www.Hillenbrand.com.
At Hillenbrand we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans.
To Apply Click the APPLY HERE link under Contact Information at the bottom of this page.
Please be sure to mention you found this position on KansasJobsLink.com
606 N Front St
Salina, Kansas 67401
Job Link: APPLY HERE