- Job Category: Healthcare/Medical
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Salina Family Healthcare
- More Jobs from this Company
Hiring Range - $156,000 - 176,800\annually
FLSA Status: Exempt
Dentist General Description
The dentist provides diagnostic, therapeutic, and emergency dental services to patients. This position also provides dental supervision to dental hygienists, dental assistants, dental students, dental hygiene students, and dental assistant students. The dentist provides annual competency assessment for dental assistants and hygienists. The dentist contributes in the development of dental specific quality measures and goals. This position must keep up-to-date with all current dental procedures. The dentist also assures integration of patient education into all phases of the treatment plan.
Mission & Value Statements
The mission of Salina Family Healthcare Center is to serve our community at the crossroads of compassionate healthcare and professional education.
Salina Family Healthcare Center is guided by the following fundamental values:
• Social justice;
• Ethics & integrity;
Dentist Essential Duties
1. Provide diagnostic, therapeutic and emergency dental services to patients including diagnosis and treatment planning, general restorative dentistry, pediatric dentistry, oral surgery, removable prosthodontics, fixed prosthodontics, and endodontics.
2. Provide examination for dental hygienists when requested.
3. Refer to specialists as appopriate.
4. Document and sign all treatment provided in the patient’s electronic health record.
5. Ensure meaningful clinical rotation for dental, dental hygiene, and dental assisting students in line with course requirements.
6. Meet clinical standards of practice as described in the Quality Assurance Program.
7. Actively participate in all appropriate clinic-wide quality assurance program initiatives, including but not limited to chart audits, clinical quality measures, and patient satisfaction metrics.
8. Assures integration of patient education into all treatment phases:
9. Act as liaison with community partners when appropriate.
10. Comply with all organization policies and procedures.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Dentist Skills Required
1. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, patients, and the public.
2. Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
3. Excellent customer service skills and ability to effectively and respectfully interact with unsatisfied patients and coworkers.
4. Ability to manage multiple tasks, work under pressure, and prioritize workload.
5. Demonstrate effective and efficient time management.
6. Ability to anticipate and react calmly in an emergency situation is a must.
7. Ability to work independently and use good judgement.
Dentist Education and Experience
1. Current Kansas Dentist License;
2. 1-3 years of experience preferred;
3. Ability to relate well with patients and other health care personnel;
4. Willingness to educate patients and the community in health maintenance and the role of healthcare team.
5. Ability to work under pressure;
6. Commitment to expanding access to care for the underserved;
7. Must have and maintain CPR certification;
8. Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient and employee-base.
Screening and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
For a complete Job Description and To Apply online please click the APPLY HERE link under Contact Information below or visit https://salinahealth.org/careers/
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
EOE/Background check required.
Employees at SFHC enjoy the following benefits:
* Health/Dental insurance
*Paid Time Off
*9 Paid Holidays
*Potential for student loan repayment
*Plus many more!
Please be sure to mention you found this position on KansasJobsLink.com
Job Link: APPLY HERE