- Job Category: Accounting
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Child Care Aware® of Kansas
Reports to: Director of Finance and Operations
Purpose of Position: The Lead Accountant is responsible for working closely with the accounting team to perform accounting functions for the organization in accordance with GAAP and financial management process.
Salary Range: $50,000 - $65,000
Duties and Responsibilities
Financial Reports and Budgeting
▪ Serves as an expert in the accounting area providing analysis, recommendations, and training.
▪ Assists in planning and coordinating accounting activities to satisfy financial statement requirements, data analysis and process improvements.
▪ Works with auditors to ensure that Child Care Aware of Kansas follows GAAP, federal grant requirements, state grant requirements, and any other requirements as determined by auditors.
▪ Work with Director of Finance and Operations and accounting team to prepare for audit(s).
▪ Works with director of finance and operations, other directors and managers in financial projections and budgets. Attends meetings and provides guidance and/or explanations as needed.
▪ Performs special projects and provides results to Director of Finance and Operations.
▪ Prepare and submit assigned journal entries and account reconciliations.
▪ Coordinates the development and maintenance of internal procedures and work instructions.
▪ Maintains accuracy of the financial systems and proposes corrections as necessary.
▪ Recommends accounting treatment of non-routine business transactions, performs ad-hoc analysis, and completes special projects.
▪ Helps ensure a sound internal control environment exists in the organization.
▪ Drives process improvements.
▪ Performs and coordinates financial activity for accounting as well as department reporting, metrics, and audit support.
▪ Assists in planning, organizing, and coordinating accounting activities to meet established objectives and schedules including monitoring of work completion, report completion, journal entries and other data.
▪ Manages bank balances and cash control.
▪ Works with accounting team to develop sound processes for accounting, grants, and other financial systems.
▪ Ensure that all financial reports are accurate, and information is reported timely.
▪ Work with accounts payable and accounts receivable areas of accounting to ensure internal controls are in place. When needed assist with entry of accounts payable invoices.
Updated 3-9-2023 2
▪ Work with ADP payroll system to ensure accurate and timely payroll, and accurate journal entries are entered into accounting system. Coordinate with senior HR manager fringe benefits, new hires, terminations, and pay rates.
▪ Work with accounting team in distribution of required federal forms (1099’s, W-2’s).
▪ Maintain the general ledger of Child Care Aware of Kansas.
▪ Coordinate CCR&R budgets to support statewide funding opportunities; monitor financial reports submitted by sub-recipients; process payments to CCR&R; review annual audits submitted by CCR&R’s.
▪ Monitor all contracts entered into by Child Care Aware of Kansas. Maintain online contract documents, coordinate reporting and contract deadlines with staff responsible.
Build and foster collaborative relationships with divisions within the organization to stay informed and abreast of new initiatives and services.
Participate in a variety of professional development events to stay current with early childhood research, trends, and best practice.
▪ Use knowledge and skills gained through professional development to expand and/or enhance services provided by Child Care Aware® of Kansas.
Education and Experience:
▪ Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting (required)
▪ 1-3 years’ experience of experience in mid-level accounting role.
▪ Experience using accounting software (required); experience using QuickBooks (preferred).
▪ 1508 East Iron, Salina, KS 67401
Special Knowledge and Skills:
▪ Very close attention to detail.
▪ Bilingual preferred.
▪ Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
▪ Ability to effectively communicate with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
▪ Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access, including creating and editing documents, and spreadsheets.
▪ Ability to edit documents for content, clarity, and consistency.
▪ Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
▪ Ability to complete projects in a timely manner and to multi-task.
▪ A passion for increasing the quality of care for children and their families.
▪ Treat information on clients (individual people and organizations), staff and Board members in a confidential manner.
▪ Willingness to work flexible hours, including overnight travel.
▪ Valid Kansas driver’s license.
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Together, we can do better. Child Care Aware of Kansas is committed to: ▪ Creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. ▪ Complying with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. ▪ Attracting and retaining a diverse staff – we will honor your experiences, perspectives, and unique identity.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to mention you found this position on KansasJobsLink.com
1508 E Iron
Salina, Kansas 67401
Job Link: Child Care Aware of Kansas Website