- Job Category: Accounting
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Salina Housing Authority
Immediate opening for a qualified, experienced and motivated individual to join our organization.
Responsibilities include accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, developing and managing multiple budgets, grant management, facilitating the audit, tenant adjustments and closing the monthly financials. The successful candidate will be a good communicator with creative problem solving skills and the ability to interact with all levels of staff and community. Ability to meet deadlines.
An Accounting or Finance degree and a minimum of five years related experience with a solid understanding of accounting knowledge/skills are required. Must have advanced skills in Excel and be proficient in Windows, Word, and Outlook.
The organization will provide a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package including KPERS.
Applications and resumes accepted at the Salina Housing Authority, 469 S. 5th St. Salina KS 67401 or email resume to Tina@salinahousing.org . Position open until filled. No phone calls please. EOE
Some general duties include;
• Perform monthly financial closing process and prepare monthly financial statements
• Ensure revenue/expenses are properly recorded in accordance with GAAP
• Reconcile all balance sheet accounts and complete bank reconciliations
• Prepare operating budgets and forecasts and perform budget and variance analysis
• Review and process accounts payable transactions
• Prepare schedules and work closely with auditor during annual audit
• Manage and project cash flow
• Complete federal reports accurately and within deadlines
• Process monthly payrolls and prepare required tax filings and record activity in the general ledger
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
• Minimum 2 years of experience in non-profit and grant accounting
• Strong analytical skills
• Skilled in Excel and spreadsheet applications
• Experience with automated accounting systems
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent time-management and prioritization skills
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills
• Flexible self-starter
• Ability to interact with clients and peers
Please be sure to mention you found this position on the KSAL.com's job page.
469 S. 5th.
Salina, Kansas 67401
E-mail Your Resume