Retail Specialist / Merchandiser
- Job Category: Sales/Marketing
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Standard Beverage
This is an exciting opportunity with an expanding company in Kansas. Standard Beverage is a family-owned spirits, wine, and beer distributor with major offices in Wichita, Lawrence, and Lenexa, Kansas. We employ more than 400 dedicated people and provide the most diverse portfolio of the industry’s top brands. Standard Beverage has been delivering world class service to customers throughout the state of Kansas since 1949 and has since become the largest Kansas-owned alcohol distributor. Our mission is very simple: to provide the best possible service to both our customers and supplier partners, while also providing an excellent working environment for our team members. We’re a modern, dynamic, progressive beverage company, yet grounded with old-fashioned values including working hard, loyalty, and a genuine commitment to excellence.
A Retail Specialist is responsible for ensuring assigned customer accounts are consumer ready; this entails stocking the store shelves and cold boxes/coolers with fresh products, by building displays to draw attention to our products, and by providing exceptional service to our retail clients. It’s a role that requires a great deal of organization, customer service and initiative.
• Maintain fresh products by stocking and rotating, organizing, and refilling back stocks, cold boxes/coolers, shelves, and displays adhering to all quality and rotation policies.
• Build displays and executes placement of signage and other merchandising items.
• Ensure all Standard Beverage SKUs are priced appropriately and meet standards of visibility.
• Keeps backroom and inventory areas clean and organized. Notifies manager of any product breakage in an account.
• Walk the account for merchandising opportunities with Standard Beverage portfolio.
• Complete the retail call and provides feedback to Sales Rep to ensure appropriate inventory levels and exceptional customer service in all assigned accounts.
• Maintain a professional rapport and image with store personnel and customers.
• Develop outstanding relationships with customers and co-workers while delivering exceptional customer service.
• Gain expertise and ability to be responsible for a sales route while a rep is on vacation.
• Strive to continually overtake the competition on every level, individually and as a team with other members of the division/company.
• Adhere to current route and make all scheduled calls.
• High level of integrity, commitment, and possess a strong work ethic.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience that is determined to be directly related to the foregoing specified requirements may be considered for substitution.
• Strong persuasive presentations skills, including the ability to speak before large audiences both internally and externally.
• Background or experience in the beverage or restaurant/bar industry a plus.
• Knowledge of the alcoholic beverage industry is helpful.
• Physical exertion will be necessary to achieve desired levels of account management. The employee must be able to lift products from 25 lbs. to 50 lbs. on a regular basis and up to 175 lbs. when handling kegs.
• Licenses, Age restrictions:
• Valid Driver's License and maintain an acceptable driving record and valid driver license and maintain auto insurance coverage at least to the minimum amount specified by the Company and state law.
• Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of employment in order to sell alcohol in the state of Kansas.
• Adaptability to change and able to manage competing demands. Demonstrate a sense of urgency and reliability.
• Self-confidence and a professional demeanor. Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic who takes the initiative to get things done.
• Must be organized, self-motivated, and adaptable.
• Positive attitude towards daily work, team members, and customers.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
Full Time candidates will receive a market-competitive compensation package. Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, 401k, etc.) and tuition reimbursement are also provided. Standard Beverage Corporation offers this full benefits package in addition to a fun, interactive working environment.
Standard Beverage Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Please be sure to mention you found this position on KansasJobsLink.com