- Job Category: Other
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Consolidated Printing
Consolidated Printing is currently hiring a Press- Operator.
• Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or stackers to
be moved and set-up.
• Loads and unloads materials onto or form pallets by hand.
• Operates hand pallet jack, electronic truck, and/or forklift to move articles before or
• Monitors stackers for proper operation; stops machine and attempts to
correct malfunctions; notifies supervisor of malfunction if necessary.
• Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist.
• Set up, adjust, operate, and maintain a multi-color offset press printing quality multi-color work with critical color values and critical register requirements.
• Review and understand job specifications to determine press set up, plate hanging, blanket and roller installation and settings, setting register and ink feed, feeding and delivering, and all press settings necessary to achieve a company and customer satisfying the printed job.
• Follow all company safety manuals and company safety procedures and initiatives.
• Operates hand pallet jack, electronic truck, and/or forklift to move articles before or after printing.
• Keeping a clean machine, while lubricating and completing all scheduled maintenance per the machine specifications while following all company maintenance procedures and guidelines.
• Utilize all densitometry measurements in the production of a job including LAB color, density, dot gain, and trap. Also maintain proper chemistry using daily conductivity meters, refractometers, and Ph strips to insure proper fountain solution.
Perform all other related duties and projects as assigned by management.
• Minimum two years as a Press Operator or combination Lead press operator and assistant operator or equivalent.
• Ability to adequately view color accurately and identify print defects.
• Ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 10 to 25 pounds frequently.
• Ability to stand and perform the requirements of the position up to 8 hours with a few short breaks.
• Ability to utilize press densitometers to measure LAB color, density, dot gain, and trap. Also, to properly use micrometers, refractometers, torque wrenches, and basic press tools efficiently.
• Willingness to abide by all plant practices and procedures.
• Some overtime may be required.
• Ability to maintain great attendance and tardy record.
• Good knowledge of computers necessary to manage and run the press.
• This open position is for 7:30-4:30, Monday thru Friday,
• Overtime available based on client demands.
Starting pay is $18 per hour.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply send resume to email@example.com or mail to Consolidated Printing
P.O. Box 1217 Salina, KS.
Please be sure to mention you found this position on KsJobsLink.com
PO BOX 1217
Salina, Kansas 67401
E-mail Your Resume