Supervisor - Rebuild Department
- Job Category: Mechanical
- Salary: Negotiable
- Education: High School Graduate
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Abilene Machine
This position is responsible for disassembly and assembly of hydraulic, power take-off unit and gear units for John Deere and IH tractors and combines.
- Assembles units and oversee repairs of transmissions, SCV valves, hydraulic pumps, final drives, top shafts, PTO, and other John Deere and Case IH tractors.
- Inspect and adhere to quality assurance standards for department.
- Manage personnel related issues with Rebuild shop employees, including interviewing, training, disciplinary action, review, terminations, etc.
- Must be capable of doing all functions and repairs in the Rebuild shop.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 4 years experience in repair of transmissions.
- Experience supervising department staff.
- Strong mechanical and agricultural background required.
- Strong background or familiarity with John Deere, IH and/or other tractor makes and models.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, background check, and physical.
- Ability to frequently lift, carry, bend, stoop, and/or reach. Ability to exert 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently (Level 4 Heavy Work).
- Ability to see details at close range.
- Finger, hand, and wrist dexterity sufficient to manipulate hand tools and powered equipment.
- Required baseline hearing assessment upon hire and annually thereafter.
- Steel-toe boots required.
- Competitive compensation based on levels of experience and productivity.
- Health Insurance (Traditional and High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP).
- Health Savings Accounts with a Company contribution (must be enrolled in HDHP).
- Company paid Life Insurance (including Dependent Life Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match.
- Voluntary Benefits include Short and Long Term Disability and Supplemental Life Insurance.
Application Form Waiver:
I certify that the information contained in this application is correct to the best of my knowledge. I understand that to falsify information is grounds for refusing to hire me, or for discharge should I be hired.
I authorize any person, organization or company listed on this application to furnish you any and all information concerning my previous employment, education and qualifications for employment. I also authorize you to request and receive such information.
In consideration for my employment, I agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the company, which may be changed, withdrawn, added or interpreted at any time, at the companys sole option and without prior notice to me.
I also acknowledge that my employment may be terminated, or any offer or acceptance of employment withdrawn, at any time, with or without cause, and with or without prior notice at the option of the company or myself.
I understand that Abilene Machine has a drug and alcohol policy that provides for pre-employment testing as well as testing after employment. I understand that consent to and compliance with this policy is a condition of employment. I also understand that employment may be based on the successful passing of job-related physical requirements.
Abilene Machine is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age or disability. Employment opportunities are solely based on your qualifications for the position.
Abilene Machine uses E-Verify to verify work eligibility.
If you accept terms and conditions of this waiver, click the following link to proceed: https://abilene-machine-inc.workable.com/
407 Old Hwy 40
Solomon KS 67480
407 Old Hwy 40
Solomon, Kansas 67480
E-mail Your Resume