- Job Category: Manufacturing
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Schwan's Company
- More Jobs from this Company
Tony’ Pizza - Distribution Center
Multiple full time openings within our manufacturing facility with opportunities for advancement – Starting pay is $14.00 /hr with $1.50 shift diff for hours worked between 6pm and 6am!
Current POSITION OPENINGS:
MatHandler - Shipping A – Monday - Thursday; 6am-4pm
MatHandler - Shipping B2 – Thursday – Saturday evenings; 6pm-6am
MatHandler - Shipping C2 – Monday-Friday and every other weekend; 3:45pm – 1:45am
MatHandler - Shipping C – Monday - Thursday evenings; 6pm-4am
APPLY on line at www.schwansjobs.com
At Schwan’s Company, we are driven to bring our customers delicious foods and reliable services. Here in Salina, Tony’s Pizza is the largest frozen pizza processing plant in the world – and our pizza is FABULOUS!! We put a high priority on having safe, clean, and healthy workspaces – and engaging a kind and generous workforce. And we want people who that take that seriously.
This job is in a fast-paced environment and will require you to be physically active!
For our team, we are hiring individuals who can:
• Physically move inventory – lifting in excess of 50 lbs, stooping, bending
• Stay on tasks, with strong attention to detail
• Work in freezers with subzero temperatures for 4-8 hours per day;
• Stand continually, up to 8 hours per day
• Comply with all safety policies and procedures in accordance with Company, Local, State, and Federal OSHA rules and regulations.
• Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) for a food plant and all applicable regulatory, customer and company requirements (policies, procedures, regulations).
• Understand and carry out directions and procedures
• Perform basic math; ability to read and write; communicate well with others verbally, and take and follow directions
• Contribute to and work in a TEAM environment
• Pass a drug test; pass a criminal background check and; was not previously employed at Tony’s Pizza
If you fit the description, we want you to apply!
• So what’s this job all about? This position under general supervision is responsible for successfully moving materials supplies and finished goods through the facility which includes unloading frozen food product from semis into warehouse freezers and loading frozen food from warehouse freezers into delivery trucks.
• May require the use of material handling equipment such as carts conveyer belts and pallet jacks.
• Stacks skids or pallets in designated areas.
• Cleans and disposes of scrap bracing cardboard and strapping, disposing items properly.
• Uses tools such as hammers and crowbars to remove strapping open crates strap cars.
• Uses lists to determine and count quantities of product moving throughout the facility.
• Completes paperwork, occasionally with computer, to properly document work performed.
• Conducts intermediate material audits.
• Other duties as assigned (such as general maintenance work around the facility and processing of load sheets).
• Conducting yourself and ensuring your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
What we want to do for you!
We offer eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being.
• Health, Life, Dental, Vision Plans
• 401(k) Program with immediate Company Match
• Profit Sharing based on Company results
• Two weeks paid vacation + holidays for new hires
• Employee discounts on company products
APPLY on line at www.schwansjobs.com or by clicking the link at the bottom of this page.
M/F/D/V EEO/AA Employer
Please be sure to mention you found this position on KsJobsLink.com