Maintenance Technician II
- Job Category: Manufacturing
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Schwan's Company
- More Jobs from this Company
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN II
Shift: 3rd Shift
Starting Wage: $20.10/hr + $1.50 Shift Diff (between 6PM-6AM)
Hours: This is a full-time position within our manufacturing facility with opportunities for advancement!
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for!
Here at Schwan’s Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean, and healthy workspaces. And we want individuals that take that seriously.
Are you a hard worker?
This job is in a fast-paced environment and will require you to be physically active! If you are able to do these active tasks, we want YOU to apply!
• Lift up to 50 lbs.—bending carrying pushing pulling and other activities as needed.
• Stand and walk on concrete for long periods of time.
• Work in cold and/or hot temperatures throughout the day.
• Work quickly and efficiently with hands continuously (reaching and performing repetitive hand wrist and arm motions).
We need someone who can:
• Understand simple instructions, training materials, and product labeling.
• Perform basic math
• Work different ranges of hours such as full-time, overtime, or weekend shifts (The hours for this position range anywhere from 0 to 60 hours per week)
• Be a team player and interact professionally with co-workers
So what’s this job all about?
• Setup and tear down equipment; may assist with major repairs, construction, fabrication, and installation of new plant equipment
• Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on conveyor systems and production machines; troubleshoot malfunctions
• Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, and using precision measuring and testing instruments
• Remove defective parts by dismantling components using hoists and hand and power tools
• Perform advanced maintenance duties using hoists and hand and power tools such as reading mechanical schematics, cut & key a shaft, broach a sprocket, change gear head, weld stainless metal, use a metal sheer, use a metal bender, cut & crimp ends on hydraulic hose and cut & lace belting
• Help control downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance
• Assists with welding and fabrication of equipment used for processing and packaging.
• Use SAP to document and communicate with operations
• Work in a safe manner with a sense of urgency while maintaining a safe and orderly work area
• Participate in and successfully complete management-assigned training directed at increasing job-related trade skills
• May assist with the training of lower level maintenance employees in keeping all equipment in good repair and regularly serviced
What we want to do for you!
We offer eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
• Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
• Two weeks paid vacation + holidays for new hires
• Employee discounts on company products
• Candidates with a high school diploma or equivalent are preferred
• Two-year degree in specialized maintenance trade preferred
• 3-5 years of related experience
• Basic to advanced mechanical knowledge
• Basic to advanced electrical and building skills
• Ability to read and interpret safety documents, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
• Ability to complete work orders and enter the required paperwork into a computer
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate in a professional manner with co-workers and supervisors
• Ability to pass a standardized hands-on mechanical aptitude assessment.
• Must be able to lift up to ninety (90) lbs.
Candidates receiving offers of employment will be required to complete a post-offer, pre-placement background check and drug screen
If you’ve made it this far through the description, we think you should just apply already…
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected classes.
To apply on-line copy and paste the following link to your web browser or click the APPLY HERE link at the bottom of the page:
Please be sure to mention you found this position on KsJobsLink.com
Job Link: APPLY HERE