- Job Category: Manufacturing
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: PKM Steel Service Inc.
- More Jobs from this Company
(1) Apply paint, primer and other coating materials in compliance with contract/customer specifications, company policies and/or procedures conforming to American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC), International Conference of Building Officials (ICBO) and Structural Steel Painting Council (SSPC) standards. (2) Be in attendance during scheduled work hours on a daily basis, remaining flexible to production needs. (3) Work well with co-workers and management personnel on a daily basis.
Purchase, proper use and maintenance of personal tools including but not limited to 30' tape measure, toolbox, belt, pen and/or pencil and notepad, 23 pound hammer, pliers with holder, 6" and 12" adjustable wrench, 14" Pipe wrench, slot and phillips screwdrivers, visegrips, standard and metric allen wrenches. Purchase/proper use and maintenance of personal and/or company supplied approved safety equipment, including but not limited to footwear, safety glasses, face shields, goggles, hearing protection, respirator, and protective clothing. Proper use and/or maintenance of company tools including, pneumatic grinders, stationary grinders, assorted hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers, grinding accessories, marking and measuring tools and supplies.
Proper use and maintenance of paint equipment including but not limited to spray guns, mixing equipment, regulators, lines, accessories, and the paint bay facility. Proper use and maintenance of material handling equipment including but not limited to chains, slings, hooks, and couplers, Gantry cranes, overhead bridged cranes. Proper use and care of computer hardware, software, and time.
MATERIALS: Metals including but not limited to AWS approved base metals.
Possesses and maintains physical strength, agility, stamina, and mobility to produce required quantity of quality work in challenging physical surroundings without injury to self or others. Ability to qualify for respirator wear. Ability to lift minimum of seventy (70) pounds on a semirepetitive basis. Ability to perform essential functions in various positions involving extended periods of time spent standing, bending, stooping, lifting or crouching. Adequate mobility to perform various physical actions required in the fabrication process including climbing up onto, around, and over larger work pieces. Ability to perform essential functions under variable working conditions including but not limited to lighting, noise levels, work surfaces, ventilation and temperature variation due to weather conditions.
Supplemental to quality control procedures, every production employee is charged with the responsibility to review his/her individual work for accuracy, quality of workmanship, and compliance with job requirements. In addition, each production employee is held responsible for completing all work in a safe, timely, cost efficient, quality manner.
Coordinates production needs with and trains others within the area as required. Communicates appropriate businessrelated information with and to all other areas, employees, and management personnel.
SOURCE OF SUPERVISION:
Shop Foreman and/or Leadman.
1. Enthusiastically support and comply with all company policies, procedures and guidelines during performance of all duties. Report observed instances of non-compliance to Leadman or Foreman.
2. Demonstrates high tolerance level for ambiguity, stress and pressure. Maintain professional, positive, even temperament at all times. Maintain and promote positive working environment.
3. Observe all work and safety rules/regulations. Wear respiratory protective equipment as required at all times. Keep work area, break area, and restrooms clean and orderly.
4. Work from written/verbal instructions, blueprints, patterns, orders, lists, and scheduling practices.
5. Maintain storage of materials, supplies, tools, and equipment in and around the work area as required.
6. Handle movement of materials, supplies, tools, and equipment to and from the work area as required.
7. Perform routine preventive maintenance including, but not limited to lubricating, cleaning, making minor adjustments, and replacement of filters. Assist as required in upkeep of paint bays and plant facility.
8. Accurately complete all required documentation including, but not limited to time cards, maintenance request forms, safety forms, and personnel forms.
9. Set up and operate appropriate cleaning, painting, and blasting equipment and associated tooling or accessories to ensure uniform coverage. Set up and operate material handling equipment as needed. Follow manufacturers' recommendations regarding temperature, viscosity, mixing, drying times, and all other restrictions as applicable to achieving an acceptable quality finish.
10. Verify accuracy of work per AISC, ICBO, SSPC, customer and internal quality control standards, guidelines, and restrictions.
11. Coordinate work flow with other areas. Train others as required. Cooperate with all areas and employees to promote best interests of company. Promote cooperation within and between areas, individuals, and departments.
12. Establish and communicate personal performance and improvement goals in support of departmental and organizational objectives. Monitor progress and measure results. Encourage and promote continuous personal development, skill attainment and optimal performance for self and others. Communicate results to Leadman.
13. Identify and communicate problems, opportunities/, and/or ideas to increase productivity, reduce costs, minimize scrap and rework, increase safety, reduce material handling time and enhance working conditions.
14. Volunteer for work beyond standard, scheduled shop hours in response to unforeseen production requirements.
15. Maintain and demonstrate high degree of work ethic by actively finding tasks to perform during any period of "waiting" or "down" time. Plan ahead to ensure no lapse between productive periods. Is timed in and at the work station ready to begin by the time the shift buzzer sounds.
16. Attend assigned training sessions, meetings and orientations as required. Pursue additional jobrelated training on his or her own.
17. Report any abnormal conditions immediately to Leadman or Foreman.
18. * Painters are not to perform any painting activities within 25 feet of welding operations.
19. Perform all other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Accurate knowledge of AISC, ICBO and SSPC standards and procedures relative to surface preparation and paint application. Knowledge of SSPC standards regarding surface preparation. Knowledge of and skill in applying various paint types and/or primers to a variety of materials under variable conditions including but not limited to temperature, viscosity, humidity and ventilation. Knowledge of and skill in the operation and maintenance of material handling equipment, blasting equipment, paint application equipment and all accessory tools/equipment used in the coating process. Ability to demonstrate appropriate skill levels in the operation of accessory tools including pneumatic hand tools, standard hand tools, and measuring equipment. Ability to demonstrate appropriate safework habits and practices. Ability to understand and follow blueprints, directions, instructions, and/or other forms of production communications.
PKM Steel Service offers competitive wages, excellent benefits.
Apply in person at 231 East Avenue A, Salina KS 67401 or Email resume to email@example.com
Please be sure to mention you found this position on KsJobsLink.com
PKM Steel Service IInc
228 E Avenue A
Salina KS 67401
228 E Ave A
Salina, Kansas 67401
E-mail Your Resume