- Job Category: Manufacturing
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: PKM Steel Service Inc.
- More Jobs from this Company
(1) Create CNC programs for assigned projects in compliance with contract/customer specifications, company policies, and/or procedures conforming to American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) and International Conference of Building Officials (ICBO) standards. (2) Maintain confidentiality of all proprietary information. (3) Be in attendance during scheduled work hours on a daily basis, remaining flexible to meet organizational needs. (4) Work well with co-workers, subordinates, and management personnel on a daily basis.
(1) Minimum of two (2) years experience in CNC programming of structural steel components in compliance with industry standards. (2) Applicable degree in appropriate CNC programming field or certification of Vocation Technical course completion in applicable field preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Knowledgeable of various CNC controllers, their programming, and troubleshooting of existing programs. Working knowledge of structural steel detailing, fabrication, and production. Ability to understand, interpret and communicate complex directions, instructions and other forms of contract/customer specifications relative to assigned projects. Ability to manage multiple priorities and to respond to multiple demands in timely and professional manner. Ability to maintain high level of proficiency under pressure. Ability to demonstrate appropriate communication skills as needed to verify, question, and coordinate work-in-process. Ability to assess the quality of ones own work and to troubleshoot potential problems as necessary. Ability to visualize a finished project and to incorporate improvements to enhance productivity and finished product. Ability to work productively with all areas of the organization.
Accurate knowledge, understanding and efficient use of Microsoft Office, Steelcad, Autocad, and other applicable software packages. Accurate knowledge and understanding of company policies, procedures, programs, and guidelines. Accurate knowledge of and demonstrable skill in interpersonal communication and conflict management.
Demonstrates high degree of professional behavior and appearance, work ethic, attention to detail, honesty and reliability. In addition, demonstrates the ability to manage stress constructively and maintain a positive, even temperament during periods of frustration, ambiguity, and change.
TOOLS: Purchase, properly use, and maintain personal tools including but not limited to special pens, pencils, drafting utensils, and appropriate office attire.
EQUIPMENT: Properly use and maintain all equipment provided for the position including but not limited to computer hardware and software, drafting tables, copiers, print machines, and assorted office equipment.
Possesses and maintains physical strength, agility, stamina, and mobility to enable easy movement into and around the shop and office facilities. Able to produce the required quantity of quality work in challenging physical surroundings without injury to self or others. Able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds on occasional basis. Able to perform essential functions in varying positions involving extended periods of time spent sitting, standing, turning, bending, and stooping. Able to perform essential functions under variable working conditions including, but not limited to lighting, noise levels, work surfaces, ventilation, and temperature variations.
Communicates appropriate business-related information with and to other areas, employees, and management. Is responsible for the performances of self which includes, but is not limited to accuracy, quantity, quality, efficiency and productivity. Coordinates multiple assigned projects to meet business requirements. Coordinates work flow to achieve optimum output. Works with departments, areas, individuals, customers, and vendors to follow established priorities. Notifies those affected of any changes in priorities or completion dates due to unscheduled projects of higher priority or urgency.
SOURCE OF SUPERVISION:
Production Vice President via Production Manager.
1. Enthusiastically support and comply with company policies, programs, procedures and/or guidelines during performance of all duties. Complies with all contract/customer specifications, company policies and/or procedures conforming to AISC and ICBO standards. Report all observed instances of non-compliance to Production Manager.
2.Attend meetings and training sessions as assigned.
3.Cooperate with all areas and employees to promote the best interests of the company. Promote cooperation within and between areas, individuals, and departments. Maintain and promote positive working environment.
4.Interact with engineering, project management , quality control, production and fabrication personnel to answer questions regarding assigned detailing or programming projects.
5.Coordinate with Detailing Manager, Project Management, Materials Manager, and Production Manager to meet production, customer, and contractual schedules.
6. Communicate programming requirements and progress reports to Production Manager. Work closely with all appropriate personnel to identify and meet project needs effectively and in a timely manner. Follow appropriate priorities and observe established time requirements. Coordinate work loads to meet departmental goals.
7.Establish and communicate personal performance and improvement goals in support of departmental and organizational objectives. Monitor progress and measure results. Attend training as appropriate. Encourage and promote continuous personal development, skill attainment and optimal performance for self and others. Communicate results to Production Manager.
8.Assist in delivery of hands-on training sessions as required.
10.Maintain work area in such a manner as to promote efficient use of space, equipment and time.
11.Encourage and actively seek ideas and suggestions on ways to increase productivity, reduce costs, minimize scrap and rework, increase safety, reduce handling time, improve throughput, and enhance working conditions.
12.Able and willing to work beyond standard, scheduled hours in response to unforeseen requirements.
13.Maintain and demonstrate a high degree of work ethic, honesty and ethical behavior. Plan ahead to ensure no lapse between productive periods. Demonstrate high tolerance level for ambiguity, stress and pressure. Maintain professional, positive, even temperament at all times.
14.Report any abnormal conditions or situations immediately to the Production Manager.
15.Perform all other duties as required.
Apply in person at 231 East Avenue A, Salina KS 67401 or Email resume to email@example.com
Please be sure to mention you found this position on KsJobsLink.com
PKM Steel Service IInc
228 E Avenue A
Salina KS 67401
228 E Ave A
Salina, Kansas 67401
E-mail Your Resume