- Job Category: Manufacturing
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Bergkamp, Inc.
- More Jobs from this Company
Job Purpose: Weld according to blueprints, layouts, schematics, or work orders and welding equipment to join, surface, fabricate, and repair parts of metal or other weldable materials.
1. Weld level 3 complex parts within router time with little to no supervision.
2. Layout or load level 3 weld assemblies/components into fixtures.
3. Assists in building large weldments with direct supervision.
4. Visually inspect all weld requirements for penetration and porosity.
5. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; secures tools, materials, and equipment at end of day.
6. Ensures work orders are properly followed and completed in a timely fashion.
7. All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Way We Do Things: We believe that a team of people who are humble, hungry and smart will deliver superior performance over the sum total of talented individuals; therefore, we are committed to achieving our mission through teamwork while honoring our core values.
a. Hungry – Puts the needs of the organization before themselves. Acknowledge each individual’s strengths and responsibilities. Is committed to the organization’s success.
b. Humble - Active participation and engagement in department and companywide initiatives. Demonstrates an eagerness for achieving results, learning, setting a positive example, and adding to the success of the team.
c. Smart - Understands the impact of their words and actions on other people. Demonstrates good judgement and intuition of group dynamics.
1. Two to four years welding experience generally required. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Must be able to pass weld tests on MIG, TIG, stainless steel and aluminum.
3. Ability to maintain good attendance.
4. Knowledge of welding techniques (Arc, Spot, MIG, TIG, controlled atmosphere, and plasma cutting), tools and equipment.
5. Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate detailed information to co-workers, management, vendors, suppliers, and customers.
6. Excellent customer service skills with the ability to interact in a positive and professional manner to develop and maintain strong working relationships with co-workers, management, suppliers, and customers.
7. Ability to read and interpret documents such as job orders, procedure manuals, and schematics (blue prints).
8. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
9. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
10. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
11. Skill in the fabrication, joining and repair of a variety of metal objects, equipment, fixtures and structures.
12. Ability to use department equipment such as forklift, ladder/scaffold, overhead crane, and power tools.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, bend, kneel, climb stairs and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. If lifting over 50 pounds employees should utilize a jib, overhead crane, or ask for assistance from other team members. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
2. The work environment is usually an indoor setting with frequent exposure to outside elements. The noise level in the work environment is frequently high. In addition, other elements that an employee could be exposed to frequently in this work environment are but not limited to; dust, dirt, fumes and odors, mechanical and electrical hazards, fire hazards, and an elevated workplace. This position requires infrequent travel, which may involve exposure to extreme weather elements.
To Apply please use the Click Here to Apply link at the bottom of this page!
or Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person at Bergkamp Inc., 3040 Emulsion Dr., Salina, KS
Please be sure to mention you found this position on KsJobsLink.com