CNC Programmer / Operator
- Job Category: Manufacturing
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Bergkamp, Inc.
Produces machined parts by programming, setting and operating multiple computer numerical control (CNC) machines. Maintains quality and safety standards, maintains equipment and supplies and including manual equipment.
1. Work with computer numeric controlled (CNC) heavy machinery from setup to operation to produce parts and tools from metal, plastic or other materials.
2. Write and optimize CNC programs to create complex parts on 3 and 4 axis machining centers
3. Create and compile necessary documents to aid setting up machines
4. Write CNC programs for 2 and 4 axis lathes.
5. Plans machining by studying work orders, blue print materials, specifications, machining parameters, interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
6. Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions including zero and reference points, setting tool registers, offsets, compensation and conditional switches, and calculating requirements.
7. Setup mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three and four jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collects bushings, cams, gears, stops, stock pushers, indicting vices’, and trimming heads.
8. Loads feed mechanism on multiple machines by lifting stock into position.
9. Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces, adhering to standards.
10. Integrate work with engineering, production and purchasing departments to ensure a smooth flow of quality products through the plant.
11. Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling, thread chasing operations, taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, adjusting and reprogramming controls, sharpening and replacing worn tools, adhering to quality procedures and processes.
12. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Secures tools, materials, and equipment at end of day.
13. Accomplishes Company goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
14. Maintains equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions.
Qualifications and Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Way We Do Things: We believe that a team of people who are humble, hungry and smart will deliver superior performance over the sum total of talented individuals; therefore, we are committed to achieving our mission through teamwork while honoring our core values.
1. A hungry team player(s) who shows active participation and engagement in department and companywide initiatives. Demonstrates a hunger for achieving results, learning, setting an example, and adding to the success of the team.
2. A humble team player(s) willing to collaborate, acknowledge the team’s individual strengths, and put the needs of the organization before themselves. Will do what it takes to help everyone succeed.
3. A smart team player(s) who has a common sense understanding about people. Demonstrates good judgement and intuition of group dynamics. Understands the impact of their words and actions and use that understanding for the benefit of the team.
4. A minimum of three to five years machine shop with CNC machines or other related experience generally required.
5. High school diploma or equivalent.
6. Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate detailed information to co-workers, management, vendors, suppliers, and customers.
7. Excellent customer service skills with the ability to interact in a positive and professional manner to develop and maintain strong working relationships with co-workers, management, vendors, suppliers, and customers.
8. Ability to read and interpret documents such as job orders, procedure manuals, and schematics (blue prints).
9. Ability to understand both geometry and trigonometry as well as the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages.
10. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
11. Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
12. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
13. Ability to use hand tools.
14. Excellent mechanical aptitude.
15. Ability to use power tools, such as drill and saw.
16. Willingness to cross-train and learn to operate all machines located in fabrication department.
17. Ability to operate computer and computer software, to include Microsoft Office products, and SolidWorks.
18. Ability to use forklift.
19. Ability to use department equipment such as ladder/scaffold, 2-way radio, overhead crane, and telephone.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, bend, kneel, climb stairs and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must constantly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. If lifting over 50 pounds employees should utilize a jib, overhead crane, or ask for assistance from other team members. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
2. The work environment is usually an indoor setting with frequent exposure to outside elements. The noise level in the work environment is frequently high. In addition other elements that an employee could be exposed to frequently in this work environment are but not limited to; dust, dirt, fumes and odors, mechanical and electrical hazards, fire hazards, and an elevated workplace. This position requires infrequent travel, which may involve exposure to extreme weather elements.
Please send a resume to email@example.com or apply in person at Bergkamp Inc., 3040 Emulsion Dr., Salina, KS
Please be sure to mention you found this position on KsJobsLink.com
3040 Emulsion Drive
Salina KS 67401