- Job Category: Manufacturing
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Bergkamp, Inc.
- More Jobs from this Company
Job Purpose: Buyer II will negotiate with vendors for the purchase of all materials, supplies, equipment and services used.
1. Uses knowledge of machines, equipment and methods of engineering processes and procedures to coordinate product deliveries.
2. Negotiates best vendor terms, pricing and delivery based on budget and schedule requirements.
3. Establishes purchasing policies and ensures compliance.
4. Develops new supply sources.
5. Works closely with receiving department to ensure proper supplies have arrived.
6. Traces delinquent arrivals from purchase orders.
7. Manages inventory levels, reviews production schedules and availability of items.
8. Initiates purchase orders; arranges inspection of sample products as required.
9. Coordinates appropriate quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers.
10. Visits suppliers’ facilities to qualify them as new sources and assists in the resolution of production, design, quality and/or delivery problems.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Way We Do Things:
We believe that a team of people who are humble, hungry and smart will deliver superior performance over the sum total of talented individuals; therefore, we are committed to achieving our mission through teamwork while honoring our core values.
a. A hungry team player shows active participation and engagement in department and companywide initiatives. Demonstrates a desire for achieving results, learning, setting an example, and adding to the success of the team.
b. A humble team player collaborates, acknowledges the team’s individual strengths, and put the needs of the organization before themselves. Will do what it takes to help everyone succeed.
c. A smart team player has a common sense understanding about people. Demonstrates good judgement and intuition of group dynamics. Understands the impact of their words and actions and uses that understanding for the benefit of the team.
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred with emphasis in business administration, economics or engineering with two years of progressively responsible purchasing and materials control experience in a manufacturing environment.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate detailed information to co-workers, management, vendors, suppliers, and customers.
3. Excellent customer service skills with the ability to interact in a positive and professional manner to develop and maintain strong working relationships with co-workers, management, vendors, suppliers, and customers.
4. Ability to write routine reports and business correspondence.
5. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages.
6. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
7. Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
8. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
9. Knowledge of raw materials, production equipment, assembly methods, and tools.
10. Ability to operate computer and computer software, to include Microsoft Office products and MRP.
11. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, bend, kneel, climb stairs and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally must lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee seldom must lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
2. The work environment is usually an indoor setting with occasional exposure to outside elements. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally high. In addition, other elements that an employee could be occasionally exposed to in this work environment are but not limited to; Fumes and odors, mechanical and electrical hazards, fire hazards, and an elevated workplace. This position requires infrequent travel, which may involve exposure to extreme weather elements.
To apply please visit the Bergkamp Inc. Careers page by using the link at the bottom of this page.
Please be sure to mention you found this position on KsJobsLink.com
3040 Emulsion Drive
Salina, Kansas 67401
Job Link: Click Here for Bergkamp, Inc. Careers Page