District Maintenance Director - WITH SIGNING BONUS!
- Job Category: Maintenance
- Salary: Negotiable
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: USD 307 - Ell Saline
USD 307 - Ell Saline is currently offering a $1,000 employment incentive / signing bonus for a full-time district maintenance director.
JOB GOAL: To provide students with a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean, and efficient place in which to learn, play, and develop.
1. Meets with the principal once a week to determine needs in addition to those listed below.
2. Supervise and organize building custodians to meet the custodial needs of the district.
3. Reports major repairs needed promptly to the principal.
4. Remains on the school premises during school hours, and during non-school hours when use of the building has been authorized and when attendance is required by the principal.
5. Directs other personnel when assistance is needed in maintenance program.
6. Coordinates vacation schedules for departmental personnel.
7. Performs other duties in the school/district as assigned by the principal.
8. Prepares and submits to the principal a priority list of summer maintenance projects by May 15 of each year.
1. Is responsible for maintaining and setting up a schedule for lubrication, filters, belts, motors for air conditioners, compressors, heating units, and lawn-care equipment.
2. Maintains on a regular schedule all motors and other mechanical equipment requiring scheduled servicing.
3. Conducts an ongoing program of general maintenance, upkeep, and repair.
4. Organizes and implements a program of preventive maintenance.
5. Makes minor building repairs.
6. Makes or arranges for major building repairs with outside contractors in cooperation with administration.
7. Is responsible for electrical, plumbing, and general maintenance jobs as needed.
8. Conducts periodic inspections and tests of all electrical installations in the school to insure their safe condition.
9. Inspects minor repair, improvement and renovation work performed by outside contractors and verifies that the work has been satisfactorily completed before recommending payment.
10. Makes recommendations regarding optimal timing of replacements of equipment assigned to the department.
11. Oversees the maintenance of boiler equipment all heating/cooling equipment and implements the firing operation in order to provide the
necessary heat and hot water according to season, temperature, and demand.
12. Prepares an annual maintenance report for the principal regarding the condition of district mechanical equipment.
1. Supervises building custodians to insure the district custodial needs are being met.
2. Arranges for substitute custodians in coordination with the district office.
3. Substitutes for building custodians as needed.
1. Keeps building and premises, including sidewalks, driveways, and play areas neat and clean at all times.
2. Performs such yard keeping chores as grass cutting, tree trimming, and the like, as necessary, to maintain the school grounds in a safe and attractive condition.
3. Keeps the grounds free from rubbish.
4. Removes snow and ice from walks, driveways, parking areas, and steps, as appropriate.
5. Prepares playing fields, grounds, and other necessary facilities for athletics and other school activities.
6. Inspects or arranges for formal inspection of playgrounds and the exterior of the building, including all buildings on district ground.
1. Checks daily to insure that all exit doors are open and all panic bars are working properly during the hours of building occupancy.
2. Reviews on a regular basis all security precautions and procedures and recommends additions, changes, or reductions as appropriate.
3. Complies with safety laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash, rubbish, and waste.
4. Ensures that standards are consistent with all applicable laws regarding safety, fire prevention, and warning systems.
5. Reports immediately to the principal any damage to school property.
6. Assumes responsibility for the opening and closing of the building each school day and for determining, before leaving, that all doors and windows are secured, and all lights, except those left on for safety reasons, are turned off.
1. Makes recommendations to the building principal for purchase of necessary maintenance equipment and custodial supplies.
2. Keeps an inventory of all supplies and equipment and requisitions needed replacements through the principal far enough in advance to avoid disruption of performance of duties.
3. Maintains appropriate records as are necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please be sure to mention you found this position on KsJobsLink.com
USD 307 - Ell Saline
412 E. Anderson
Brookville KS 67425