- Job Category: Maintenance
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Salina Presbyterian Manor
- More Jobs from this Company
This position is responsible for the day-to-day grounds maintenance duties of the Community as may be directed by the department director or supervisor to assure the grounds are maintained in a safe and attractive manner. Advances the value that the resident comes first. The employee values the Community as the residents’ home and works to create attributes of home and models person centered care.
Overall Essential Functions of the Position:
1. Comprehends the duties and responsibilities of the position.
2. Carries out the duties and responsibilities of the position in a professional manner.
3. Adapts to changes in the work place with ease.
4. Meets the needs of the work schedule (promptness, attendance), unless otherwise excused, and makes appropriate use of time while at work.
5. Follows established safety protocols as appropriate for position and/or location.
6. Customer Service duties are exhibited through promptness, accuracy, empathy, clarity, tone and appropriateness with non-PMMA staff (i.e., residents, resident families, outside community, vendors, etc.).
7. Communication duties are exhibited through promptness, accuracy, empathy, clarity, tone and appropriateness with PMMA staff.
8. Provides and initiates, creative, practical problem solving recommendations and/or takes the initiative to appropriately enhance job duties or area.
9. Works well with others, assists others when needed or asked and appropriately lends support to others even when not asked. Recognizes all team members in their efforts to provide person centered care.
10. Appropriately uses property, supplies and productivity during work time.
11. Represents and demonstrates the PMMA mission while carrying out job duties.
12. Attends training and or development programs as appropriate to meet or enhance current job or career knowledge.
13. Performs additional duties as reasonably assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
1. Performs daily grounds keeping activities (i.e. mowing, trimming, fertilizing, etc.).
2. Plants and maintains flower beds, trees, shrubbery and other vegetation.
3. Monitors Community entrances, removing trash, sweeping and tidying.
4. Removes snow and applies ice melt on sidewalks, parking areas and driveways as needed.
5. Performs preventative maintenance on equipment according to schedule and as directed by the Environmental Services Director. Uses proper lock out/tag out procedures when servicing equipment.
6. Completes documentation as required.
7. Advances the value that residents come first by reporting accidents, incidents, resident complaints and changes in the resident’s condition to the supervisor.
8. Follows established universal precautions, safety and sanitation protocols and regulations. This includes proper clean-up, washing, storing of items, disposal of personal protective equipment or handling of hazardous materials. Reports occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials and hazardous chemicals to the supervisor. Follows established isolation precautions and protocols. Reports missing/illegible labels and SDS’s to the supervisor. Adheres to fire, smoking, equipment and safety policies and procedures.
9. Protects the residents and PMMA by not disclosing or using resident health information for any purpose other than treatment for the resident, payment and operations.
10. Immediately notifies supervisor if a resident is leaving/missing from the Community.
11. Values and respects the choices and preferences of residents and works to create attributes of home, with emphasis on person centered care.
12. Upholds resident rights and confidentiality. Creates and supports a physical environment which is accessible and supports privacy, independence and comfort.
Requirements of Position:
(All are required unless otherwise noted.)
Education, Experience and/or Training (i.e., License, Certificate and/or Registration):
• High school diploma or equivalent desired.
• One year experience in lawn care and landscaping desired.
Skills and Abilities:
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
• Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
• Must function independently when necessary, demonstrating flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with the residents, staff and support agencies.
• Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with staff, residents, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
• Must be able to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
• Must have patience, positive disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult situations.
• Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
• Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Physical or Mental Demands:
• This position is classified as Heavy Work for physical exertion requirements. Heavy work involves lifting no more than 100 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Periods of prolonged sitting, standing, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching above, at or below shoulder level, kneeling, crouching and twisting may occur.
• Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this Community that may include a medical and physical examination.
• May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
• Moves intermittently during working shift.
• Is subject to frequent interruptions.
• May work beyond normal working shift, and/or subject to call back, when necessary and in other positions, temporarily, when needed.
• Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the work shift.
• Is subject to exposure to dust, disinfectants, chemicals and other air contaminants.
• May be exposed to illnesses and diseases, including Tb and the AIDS and hepatitis B viruses.
Risk Exposure to Blood/Body Fluids:
It is highly unlikely that while performing the essential functions of this position you will be exposed to blood or body fluids.
To apply visit salinapresbyterianmanor.org/careers or click the APPLY HERE link at the bottom of this page!
Please be sure to mention you found this position on KansasJobsLink.com
Job Link: APPLY HERE