- Job Category: Information technology
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Salina Public Library
The Technology Center’s Support Assistant position at Salina Public Library provides high-quality, friendly and professional services. Answering a wide variety of questions, assisting patrons with the public computers, and general support for the library as a whole are expected from this position. To be a part of our library team, a positive attitude, flexibility and willingness to work well with everyone is required.
Reports To: Head of Technology
Hours/Schedule: Part Time — Shifts needing coverage include:
Monday: 6-8:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 6-8:30 p.m.
Thursday: 6-8:30 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Exact schedule determined by candidate's availability.
Starting Hourly Pay: starting pay: $14.50; full pay range: $14.50-18.50
• paid time off after 1 year
Minimum Education: Highschool Diploma
• Experience working in a library preferred
• Experience working in a technology field preferred
Supervisory Experience: Not required.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Support Assistant must…
• have a willingness to learn new systems/new technology as the field is constantly changing
• be knowledgeable about the various technologies that the library provides and how to use them
• be confident in their technical skills to provide first-level support to patrons when troubleshooting issues
• support the library’s mission and provide exceptional customer service, whether to patrons or co-workers.
• under general guidance, have the ability to work honestly and independently.
• be reliable. Work scheduled hours, show up ready to work on time and use breaks appropriately.
• maintain a general knowledge of programs and services offered by the wider library.
• communicate clearly, accurately and in a timely manner with a diverse set of patrons and co-workers.
• be willing to help in any area of the library as needed.
• be able to enforce library policy and follow procedures in a variety of situations, including high-stress or confrontational interactions.
• prepare for and participate in staff and project team meetings.
• help to maintain organized and tidy library spaces.
• demonstrate professional behavior and comply with library policies and procedures, including adhering to library dress code.
• perform other duties as assigned.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Pre-employment drug screen. (post-employment drug screen may also take place)
• Pre-employment background check.
• Basic keyboarding skills.
• The ability to work with a variety of technology equipment and applications including, but not limited to, word documents, spreadsheets, internet browsers, email, and Google Drive.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
• Light to moderate physical work
• Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 40 pounds with or without assistance.
• Frequent lifting, carrying, standing, walking, bending, climbing stairs, twisting, reaching, pulling, and pushing.
• Speech and hearing abilities to maintain communication with patrons and co-workers.
• Vision to read and interpret reports, written documents, and electronic communications.
• Work is primarily indoors, with some outdoor work for book drop pickups and other Library event assistance.
*The above position information is intended to describe the duties of an employee in general terms and does not necessarily describe all of his/her duties or responsibilities.
How to Apply
Complete the online application. Attach your resume.
(A quick video introduction of yourself with an explanation of why you would like to work at Salina Public Library, is also appreciated but not required. This can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
If you have additional questions, please contact Hanna Leiker, 785-825-4624 x240
The position is open until filled.
To Access the online application copy and paste the following link or click the APPLY HERE Link at the bottom of this page:
Please be sure to mention you found this position on KansasJobsLink.com
301 W Elm
Salina, Kansas 67401
Job Link: APPLY HERE