Clinical Lab Technician \ Clinical Lab Technologist
- Job Category: Healthcare/Medical
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Salina Family Healthcare
- More Jobs from this Company
Clinical Lab Technician - $21.50 - 23.30\hr
Clinical Lab Technologist - $28.50 - 30.85\hr
FLSA Status - Non-Exempt
Clinical Lab Technicina\Clinical Lab Technologist General Description
This position provides laboratory services in accordance with CLIA and OSHA requirements. Responsible for performing diagnostic tests on bodily fluid and tissue samples, clinical lab technicians and clinical lab technologists help medical professionals diagnose various health conditions.
Mission & Value Statements
The mission of Salina Family Healthcare Center is to serve our community at the crossroads of compassionate healthcare and professional education.
Salina Family Healthcare Center is guided by the following fundamental values:
Ethics & integrity;
Clinical Lab Technician\Clinical Lab Technologist Essential Duties
1. Perform laboratory controls and required daily, weekly and monthly maintenance on the following laboratory
equipment: Sysmex XS1000i, CA-600, Tosoh G8, Cepheid Gene Expert, Siemens Dimension Chemistry Analyzer, Triage BNP, and Clinitek Status.
2. May perform Calibrations, Linearity and QC as required.
3. Perform technical testing on laboratory equipment and test kits under supervision of supervisor.
4. Help maintain laboratory records and logs (temperature, humidity, maintenance, etc.).
5. Perform and document maintenance on Millipore system.
6. Prepare outgoing tests for reference laboratory.
7. May assist with proficiency testing and the reporting of proficiency testing results.
8. May assist with Draw Station when needed.
9. Collect laboratory specimens by performing venipunctures or finger sticks on patients. May assist nursing staff or
physicians in collection of other specimens for testing.
10. Provide direction and supervision to draw room staff.
11. Educate patients and nursing staff on correct methods of specimen collection.
12. Ensure that providers review laboratory results by appropriately routing patient test results thru Laboratory
13. Assist with the processing and billing of laboratory tests.
14. Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Clinical Lab Technician\Clinical Lab Technologist Skills Required
1. Knowledge of diagnostic codes.
2. Knowledge of current CLIA & OSHA guidelines.
3. Ability to evaluate statistics and data, and make appropriate recommendations.
4. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, patients, and the public.
5. Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
6. Ability to manage multiple tasks, work under pressure, and to prioritize tasks to provide appropriate, efficient and
quality patient care.
7. Ability to work independently and use good judgment.
Clinical Lab Technician\Clinical Lab Technologist Education and Experience – Preferred
1. Bachelors degree or equivalent in Medical Laboratory Sciences or a directly-related field;
2. 2 or more years’ experience in Medical Office, Phlebotomy, and Laboratory Science;
3. Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient and employee-base.
Clinical Lab Technician\Clinical Lab Technologist Education and Experience - Required
1. Must have and maintain CPR certification;
2. High School Diploma or GED;
3. Prior experience in Medical Office, Phlebotomy, and Laboratory and/or X-ray department;
4. Maintain 12 hours of CEU per year for Radiology/KDHE, if assisting at all in the X-ray department.
Screening and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
For a complete Job Description and To Apply online please click the APPLY HERE link under Contact Information below or visit https://salinahealth.org/careers/
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
EOE/Background check required.
Employees at SFHC enjoy the following benefits:
* Health/Dental insurance
*Paid Time Off
*9 Paid Holidays
*Potential for student loan repayment
*Plus many more!
Please be sure to mention you found this position on KansasJobsLink.com
Job Link: APPLY HERE