- Job Category: Engineering/Technical
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Bergkamp, Inc.
- More Jobs from this Company
Job Purpose: Conducts tests and completes data collection activities of products, related equipment and component systems. The position fabricates prototype components and test fixtures for lab and field testing and performs installations and repairs of test equipment and components.
1. Conducts tests of new products, components, assemblies and systems based on test criteria established by written test plans; maintains accurate records of results.
2. Assembles and prepares prototypes of components, assemblies, systems and complete machines; ensures that the prototypes meet the established specifications.
3. Programs data acquisition equipment, records data electronically and reviews data for accuracy and completeness.
4. Performs inspections and installation of parts and components on test machines; maintains accurate records of the installation and collection of test data.
5. Builds test fixtures to carry out various needs associated with testing the components that will correlate with actual field use conditions.
6. Provides in the field data acquisition and customer support of prototype equipment.
7. Contributes to team effort by actively participating in concept design reviews or other team meetings.
8. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
Qualifications and Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Way We Do Things: We believe that a team of people who are humble, hungry and smart will deliver superior performance over the sum total of talented individuals; therefore, we are committed to achieving our mission through teamwork while honoring our core values.
1. A hungry team player(s) who shows active participation and engagement in department and companywide initiatives. Demonstrates a hunger for achieving results, learning, setting an example, and adding to the success of the team.
2. A humble team player(s) willing to collaborate, acknowledge the team’s individual strengths, and put the needs of the organization before themselves. Will do what it takes to help everyone succeed.
3. A smart team player(s) who has a common sense understanding about people. Demonstrates good judgement and intuition of group dynamics. Understands the impact of their words and actions and use that understanding for the benefit of the team.
1. Associates of Science in Engineering Technology. Automotive Diesel or Heavy Equipment Mechanics/Technology experience generally required.
2. Safety first attitude with a thorough understanding of risk between people and machinery.
3. Knowledge of hydraulic systems, diesel engines, power transmission, DC and AC electrical circuits and components, electro-hydraulic controls, sensors and controls.
4. Overnight domestic including weekends may be required 25 to 30% of the time.
5. Ability to program data acquisition equipment, select proper sensors (temperature, pressure, etc.) for data acquisition.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate detailed information to co-workers and management.
7. Excellent customer service skills with the ability to interact in a positive and professional manner to develop and maintain strong working relationships with vendors, suppliers and customers.
8. Ability to write routine reports and business correspondence.
9. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
10. Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
11. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
12. Ability to operate computer and computer software, to include Microsoft Office products, data acquisition equipment and related software. CAD skills (AutoCAD, SolidWorks) are a plus but not required.
13. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, bend, kneel, climb stairs and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The employee must seldom lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. If lifting over 50 pounds employees should utilize a jib, overhead crane, or ask for assistance from other team members. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
2. The work environment is usually an indoor setting with frequent exposure to outside elements. The noise level in the work environment is frequently high. In addition, other elements that an employee could be exposed to frequently in this work environment are but not limited to; dust, dirt, fumes and odors, mechanical and electrical hazards, fire hazards, and an elevated workplace. This position requires infrequent travel, which may involve exposure to extreme weather elements.
To Apply please use the Click Here to Apply link at the bottom of this page!
Please be sure to mention you found this position on KsJobsLink.com
3040 Emulsion Drive
Salina, Kansas 67401
Job Link: CLICK HERE TO APPLY