Hydraulic Systems Engineer
- Job Category: Engineering/Technical
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Bergkamp, Inc.
- More Jobs from this Company
Job Purpose: Assist products/projects through product development cycle. Work with customers, vendors, technical support, production and other parties to develop products that exceed the needs of all parties involved.
Area of Specialization: Hydraulic Systems
1. Develop, create and review hydraulic and electro-hydraulic systems for equipment.
2. Troubleshoot and resolve problems in new and current hydraulic systems.
3. Develop test plans and protocols for hydraulic systems.
4. Area of specialization applies to all essential functions.
1. Develop new systems and products by designing and conducting research programs; applying principals of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer and materials, principles of electronic circuits.
2. Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods.
3. Identify relevant industry and safety standards to products and systems.
4. Creates and maintains models, drawings, bill of materials (BOM), and specifications for production.
5. Creates procedural standards, operation instructions, and manuals.
6. Calculate cost and determine feasiblitiy of projects based on analysis of collected data, applying knowledge and techniques of engineering, and advanced mathematics.
7. Creates multiple concepts to solve customer issues/concerns.
8. Support field service teams as necessary by providing technical knowledge of machines.
9. Provides input with regards to analysis support and personal knowledge for development of product line features and design improvements.
10. Provides information for technical publications.
11. Collaborate with production and product support in resolving of quality and/or functional issues.
12. Assists engineering team in areas of expertise, as needed.
13. Lead concept design reviews or other team meetings.
14. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
15. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
Qualifications and Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Way We Do Things: We believe that a team of people who are humble, hungry and smart will deliver superior performance over the sum total of talented individuals; therefore, we are committed to achieving our mission through teamwork while honoring our core values.
a. A hungry team player(s) who shows active participation and engagement in department and companywide initiatives. Demonstrates a hunger for achieving results, learning, setting an example, and adding to the success of the team.
b. A humble team player(s) willing to collaborate, acknowledge the team’s individual strengths, and put the needs of the organization before themselves. Will do what it takes to help everyone succeed.
c. A smart team player(s) who has a common sense understanding about people. Demonstrates good judgment and intuition of group dynamics. Understands the impact of their words and actions and use that understanding for the benefit of the team.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology or a General Engineering Degree with coursework in fluid mechanics/heat transfer required. Three to five years Engineering, or other related experience generally required.
2. Must possess knowledge of hydraulic system operating principals and circuit design to include; fluid power filtration, hydraulic manifold design, hydraulic valve design, hydraulic cooler design and fitting selection.
3. Safety first attitude with a thorough understanding of risk between people and machinery.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate detailed information to co-workers, management, vendors, suppliers, and customers.
5. Excellent customer service skills with the ability to interact in a positive and professional manner to develop and maintain strong working relationships with co-workers, management, vendors, suppliers, and customers.
6. Ability to write routine reports and business correspondence.
7. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
8. Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
9. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
10. Basic Knowledge of hydraulics, diesel engines, power transmissions, DC and AC electrical circuits and components, electro-hydraulic controls, sensors and other electrical components generally required.
11. Ability to operate computer and computer software, to include Microsoft Office products, SolidWorks, and MRP.
12. Ability to install, test and evaluate components, systems, and prototypes.
13. Available for travel to jobsites for testing and validation of equipment.
14. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, bend, kneel, climb stairs and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally must lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
2. The work environment is usually an indoor setting with frequent exposure to outside elements. The noise level in the work environment is frequently high. In addition, other elements that an employee could be exposed to frequently in this work environment are but not limited to; dust, dirt, fumes and odors, mechanical and electrical hazards, fire hazards, and an elevated workplace. This position requires infrequent travel, which may involve exposure to extreme weather elements.
To Apply please use the Click Here to Apply link at the bottom of this page!
Please be sure to mention you found this position on KsJobsLink.com
3040 Emulsion Drive
Salina, Kansas 67401
Job Link: CLICK HERE TO APPLY