- Job Category: Engineering/Technical
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Bergkamp, Inc.
Job Purpose: The Demo Specialist introduces equipment and products to customers, provides product education and helps promotes sales. Goes on site to demonstrate machinery and/or provide technical presentations.
1. Work to ensure all demonstrations are effectively and efficiently facilitated including, securing materials, set-up, and clean-up.
2. Provide training to crews utilizing equipment.
3. Demonstrate to customers, employees, and prospects Bergkamp equipment and machines.
4. Record and report demonstration related information, such as the number of questions, what questions asked or the number of people in attendance.
5. Test, troubleshoot and make minor repairs to machines for issues that could arise.
6. Contributes to team effort by actively participating in team meetings.
7. Machine maintenance and repair to include truck chassis.
8. Sourcing materials for demonstrations, including emulsion, cold/hot asphalt, and aggregates.
9. Responsible for safely transporting equipment to and from customer site, trade show site or other designated location; required to operate commercial vehicles over the public highways, including operating within private customer sites and facilities.
10. Responsible for knowing, operating and maintaining vehicles while complying with all local, state and Federal laws.
11. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by reviewing existing equipment information, reviewing professional publications, and participating in professional societies and attending educational workshops as directed by Director of Sales.
12. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations. Secures tools, materials and equipment at end of day.
1. Attend Industry trade shows and exhibits as directed.
2. Assist in booth set-up, preparation and strike at trade shows.
3. Take photos of Bergkamp equipment in the field, idle, and as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Way We Do Things: We believe that a team of people who are humble, hungry and smart will deliver superior performance over the sum total of talented individuals; therefore, we are committed to achieving our mission through teamwork while honoring our core values.
a. A hungry team player(s) who shows active participation and engagement in department and companywide initiatives. Demonstrates a hunger for achieving results, learning, setting an example, and adding to the success of the team.
b. A humble team player(s) willing to collaborate, acknowledge the team’s individual strengths, and put the needs of the organization before themselves. Will do what it takes to help everyone succeed.
c. A smart team player(s) who has a common sense understanding about people. Demonstrates good judgement and intuition of group dynamics. Understands the impact of their words and actions and use that understanding for the benefit of the team.
1. High school degree or equivalent, plus one to three years mechanical repair, or equivalent technical training/certification generally required. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Current endorsements on CDL Class A, or ability to obtain within thirty (30) days of employment.
3. Overnight domestic and some international travel, including weekends is required 60 -70% of the time.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate detailed information to customers, coworkers and management.
5. Excellent customer service skills with the ability to interact in a positive and professional manner to develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers, coworkers and management.
6. Active listening; giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
7. Coordination; adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
8. Ability to read and interpret documents such as invoices, start-up and procedure manuals, and job instructions.
9. Ability to write routine reports and business correspondence.
10. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages.
11. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
12. Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
13. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
14. Ability to operate computer and computer software, to include Microsoft Office products.
15. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must pass a pre-employment/DOT medical exam and pre-employment DOT drug tests and background check.
2. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, bend, kneel, climb stairs and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
3. The work environment is usually an outdoor setting with frequent exposure to outside elements. The noise level in the work environment is frequently high. This position requires constant travel, which will involve exposure to extreme weather elements.
To Apply please use the Click Here to Apply link at the bottom of this page!
or Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person at Bergkamp Inc., 3040 Emulsion Dr., Salina, KS
Please be sure to mention you found this position on KsJobsLink.com
3040 Emulsion Drive
Salina, Kansas 67401
Job Link: CLICK HERE TO APPLY