Technical Service Specialist
- Job Category: Engineering/Technical
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: AGCO Corp
AGCO, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural solutions, has an exciting career opportunity for a Technical Service Specialist to join our team in Hesston, KS.
The Technical Service Specialist will play a key part in providing accurate and prompt service direction to dealer and/or field service inquiries via telephone and the web for the assigned AGCO products. In addition, the Technical Service Specialist is responsible for communicating with dealers and internal staff on troubleshooting and diagnosis of all technical issues for assigned products.
• Estimate 10% Travel – primarily within North America
Note: Relocation assistance is available to the Hesston, KS area for this position.
What Will You Do:
Job Function and Responsibilities
The Technical Service Specialist has several key responsibilities:
• Technical inquiries / communications: Responsible for processing telephone and web based dealer inquiries related to AGCO machinery performance, reliability, product features & service administration in a timely manner. The Technical Service Specialist will mainly interact with dealer service managers and dealer technicians.
• Problem investigation: Use existing tools (AGCO Tech Connect, Salesforce, Technical Publications, Phones, etc.) to research technical solutions. This can involve field and dealer investigation trips to better understand and document a machinery issue. Highly technical machine issues also require working with AGCO diagnostic tools and systems. Technical Service Specialists will also work with fellow Technical Service Specialists, engineering, marketing, and other AGCO field teams to seek proper resolutions for machinery issues.
• Technical Communication: Provide a professional response in AGCO Tech Connect (a technical information web database) and phone system that is consistent with defined standards governing content, quality and structure.
• A high school diploma is required
• 3+ years of the following:
o Hands on diagnostic support for Ag or heavy duty/automotive equipment experience or equivalent
o Use of Volt Ohms Meter (VOM), CAN bus/ OBD II (On-Board Diagnostics) Interface equipment to diagnose issues
o Troubleshooting electronic, hydraulic and powertrain systems for agricultural, automotive or heavy duty equipment
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
• Associates/Technical degree in a related field (Preferred)
• Bachelor’s degree in Ag System Technology, Ag Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Technology, or a related field (Preferred)
• Previous experience working at an Ag Dealership in a Technical Support role (Preferred)
• Accomplished communication capabilities (verbal and written)
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office
• Bilingual capability preferred – English, French (preferred), Spanish.
APPLY by copying and pasting the link below to your browser or use the APPLY HERE link at the bottom of this page:
Or visit https://careers.agcocorp.com/
Please be sure to mention you saw this position posted on KsJobsLink.com.com.
420 W. Lincoln Blvd
Salina KS 67062