Certified Substitute 2020-2021
- Job Category: Education
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Not Specified
- Company: USD 305 - Salina Public Schools
GENERAL DEFINITION AND CONDITIONS OF WORK
Manages student learning in accordance with the goals and directives of the school and the district.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS
The minimum performance expectations include, but are not limited to, the following functions/tasks:
• Maintains and respects confidentiality of student and school personnel information;
• Maintains a discipline and classroom control that fosters a safe and positive environment for all students and staff in accordance with school and county policies;
• Ensures the adequate supervision to assure health, welfare, and safety of all students;
• Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities;
• Reports to office upon arrival at school; checks mailbox of absent teacher for materials requiring immediate attention; requests clarification of school rules and procedures, if necessary;
• Reports all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately or as soon as is reasonably possible;
• Implements lesson plans, while ensuring the integrity of academic time and in a manner which motivates students to learn and participate;
• Organizes students for effective instruction;
• Dismisses all students from the classroom before leaving the building;
• Completes a Substitute Teacher Report Form for the regular classroom teacher;
• Collects and places students' papers in regular teacher's desk;
• Returns instructional materials, equipment, and keys to proper place;
• Determines if his/her services will be required for the next school day;
• Complies with and supports school and districts regulations and policies;
• Models non-discriminatory practices in all activities;
• Performs other related duties as assigned by building administrator(s) in accordance with school/districts policies and practices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must be able to follow oral and written directions and have the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and students. Ability to maintain effective classroom management strategies.
All substitute teachers will be paid based on your current KSDE licensure. You are paid by the hour on the basis of thirty (30) minute periods of time. A substitute’s duty day is 7 hours and 45 minutes.
• Emergency Substitute License - $14.19 per hour.
• Professional Teaching/Standard Substitute License - $17.42 per hour.
Compensation will be the same for all levels of teaching; Elementary, Middle School and Secondary.
When Substitutes work at multiple locations and have the equivalent of 7 ¾ hours in labor and travel time they will be compensated for a full day.
• Substitute Services hires based upon current District needs.
• Only complete applications will be considered.
• Not all applicants qualify.
• Applications will continue to be reviewed throughout the school year.
• Applicants hired are required to work as many substitute jobs as possible.
• Active substitutes who resign for any reason must reapply as a new applicant.
TO APPLY click the APPLY HERE link at the bottom of this page!!
Please be sure to mention you found this position on KsJobsLink.com
Job Link: APPLY HERE