Project Manager / Estimator
- Job Category: Construction
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Smoky Hill Construction
Smoky Hill, LLC is a respected heavy construction business operating in central Kansas since 1971. Our firm offers expertise in all types of heavy construction. We are currently hiring for an experienced Project Manager / Estimator for a full-time position.
A successful candidate will have considerable heavy construction experience with recent positions in project management and estimating.
• Administer construction contracts, including purchase orders, subcontracts, submittals, insurance risk and control, correspondence, permits, state, and federal regulations.
• Work with suppliers, vendors, and sub-contractors to ensure they are meeting all project requirements
• Analyze contract documents to prepare time, cost, material, and equipment estimates
• Identify potential projects for bidding. Prepare pre-bid queries
• Oversee projects from beginning to end. Expect top quality, on time, on budget
• Promote a safety culture and identify hazards. Teach, train, and practice safety.
• Evaluate and consult with others to resolve any issues that arise. Listen, share, and learn by using the expertise of others.
• BS degree in Architecture, Building Science, Engineering, or another related field preferred
• 5 years of experience as a Superintendent. Strong history of varying means, methods, and skill.
• 5 Years of experience as a heavy construction project manager.
• Strong knowledge of costs and estimating in relation to heavy construction.
• Ability to manage multiple projects in various stages of development
• Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
Smoky Hill, LLC offers weekly competitive pay, health insurance and retirement package. We are a drug free workplace; pre-employment drug screen and physical base line testing is required.
Smoky Hill, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, and/or disability status.
Please send resumes and cover letters to Jasmine Irvin, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to mention you found this position on KansasJobsLink.com