Marketing and Content Coordinator
- Job Category: Advertising/PR
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Salina Chamber of Commerce
Marketing and Content Coordinator
The successful candidate for this position will have the capacity to work with minimal supervision and be self-directed to complete goals and objectives regarding the organization and implementation of marketing both Chamber and Community specific programs and projects including Love Salina, which is geared at improving the digital footprint of the greater Salina community to encourage tourism and workforce recruitment.
• Under the strategic direction of the President and CEO, manage all The Chamber’s social media accounts.
• Learn and be the voice of The Chamber and Community. Writing and publishing social content, blog posts and articles.
• Post, promote, optimize, track and report on online content.
• Capture images/video of Chamber events, community events, and other Chamber related events and meetings as needed.
• Produce video content with script writing and basic production planning.
• Produce graphic design deliverables for programs and events such as print ads, signs, and flyers.
• Coordinate with professional photographers and videographers when needed to expand content library.
• Contribute to planning and execute details of marketing efforts for all internal events and select community events.
• Coordinate marketing efforts regarding both internal and external projects, programs, and events.
• Conduct research that will support the duties listed above.
• Assist Chamber team and members as assigned.
Competencies and Experience
• Demonstrated experience and a passion for the social media technology universe including creating and identifying quality social media content.
• Working knowledge of PC, Microsoft Suite and industry software, email, etc.
• Formal education in marketing, writing, communications and/or graphic design preferred.
• Be familiar with all major social platforms including analytics and social listening tools.
• Experience with Photoshop, InDesign, Canva, and/or similar software preferred.
• Basic to intermediate knowledge and experience of membership/directory database preferred.
• Customer, team, and partner focused.
• Highly organized with excellent time management skills.
• Ambitious, self-starter with problem solving skills.
• Ability to manage work on multiple projects and respond effectively to shifting priorities.
• Ability to self-direct and follow through on assigned tasks with limited supervision.
• Ability to cultivate effective working relationships with coworkers and internal and external customers who have varied personalities and professional backgrounds.
• Ability to learn quickly, retain and recall new information.
• Ability to organize and track a wide range of information and activity from varying sources and access that information as needed.
Minimum qualifications include an associate degree from an accredited college or university, preferably PR, Marketing, Business, or related field. Preference will be given to candidates who have a bachelor’s degree.
This job operates in a professional office environment and includes occasional working hours during evenings and weekends. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds.
Less than 10%
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
No calls or walk-ins please. To apply, submit resume, cover letter and references to:
Salina Area Chamber of Commerce
Attn: Sandy Cole
PO Box 586
Salina, KS 67402-0586
Or via email to:
Please be sure to mention you found this position on KansasJobsLink.com