- Job Category: Administrative/Clerical
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: PKM Steel Service Inc.
- More Jobs from this Company
(1) Perform data entry and accounting functions. (2) Act as back up for accounts payable and receivable functions in case of absence or overflow. (3) Insure and maintain confidentiality of all accessed information. (3) Process, verify, and maintain all documentations. (4) Control input into computerized accounting system. (5) Identify, maintain, and submit accurate reports in timely manner. (6) Be in attendance during scheduled work hours on daily basis, remaining flexible to meet organizational needs. (7) Work well with co-workers, subordinates, and other management personnel on daily basis.
1) Minimum three (3) years payroll accounting experience in a manufacturing or industrial setting. (2) Associates degree in accounting or business related field preferred. (3) Must be bondable.
Purchase, properly use, and maintain personal tools including but not limited to special pens, pencils, and appropriate office attire.
Properly use and maintain all equipment provided for the position including but not limited to computer hardware and software, copiers, print machines, and assorted office equipment.
Possess and maintain physical strength, agility, stamina, and mobility to enable easy movement into and around the shop and office facilities. Able to produce required quantity of quality work in challenging physical surroundings without injury to self or others. Able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds on occasional basis. Able to perform essential functions in varying positions involving extended periods of time sitting, standing, turning, bending, and stooping. Able to perform essential functions under variable working conditions including, but not limited to lighting, noise levels, work surfaces, ventilation, and temperature variations.
Communicates appropriate business-related information with and to all other areas, employees, and management. Is responsible for performance of self which includes, but is not limited to accuracy, quantity, quality, efficiency and productivity. Coordinates multiple projects to meet business requirements. Schedules work flow to achieve optimum output. Works with departments, areas, individuals, customers, and vendors to establish workable priorities. Notifies those affected of changes in priorities or completion dates due to unscheduled projects of higher priority or urgency.
SOURCE OF SUPERVISION:
1. Enthusiastically support and comply with company policies, programs, procedures and/or guidelines during performance of all duties. Report observed instances of non-compliance to President.
2. Demonstrate high tolerance level for ambiguity, stress and pressure. Maintains professional, positive, even temperament at all times. Maintain and promote positive working environment.
3. Attend meetings and training sessions as appropriate.
4. Perform data entry from timecards into payroll system. Verify accuracy. Work with Shop Foremen and Departmental Managers to resolve discrepancies in timely manner.
5. Maintain required files.
6. Run all required accounts receivable statements and reports. Verify report accuracy.
7. Maintain all required payroll tax documentation.
8. Act as back-up and overflow assistant for accounts payable/receivable accountant. Perform functions of the position as assigned.
9. Acts as back-up for receptionist as needed. Performs functions of the position as assigned.
10. Cooperate with all areas and employees to promote the best interests of the company. Promote cooperation within and between areas, individuals, and departments.
11. Encourage and actively seek ideas and suggestions on ways to increase productivity, reduce costs, minimize scrap and rework, increase safety, reduce handling time, improve throughput, and enhance working conditions.
12. Establish and communicate personal and departmental performance and improvement goals in support of organizational objectives. Monitor progress and measure results. Encourage and promote continuous personal development, skill attainment and optimal performance for self and others. Communicate results to President.
13. Able and willing to work beyond standard, scheduled hours in response to unforeseen requirements.
14. Maintain and demonstrate high degree of work ethic, honesty and ethical behavior. Plan ahead to ensure no lapse between productive periods.
15. Report any abnormal conditions or situations immediately to President.
16. Perform all other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Able to understand, interpret and communicate complex directions, instructions and other forms of specifications. Able to perform a volume of numerical detail work accurately and make difficult mathematical computations with or without mechanical assistance. Able to manage multiple priorities and respond to multiple demands in timely, professional manner. Able to work on several projects concurrently, dealing with interruptions without loss of concentration or accuracy. Able to maintain high level of proficiency under pressure. Can demonstrate appropriate communication skills needed to verify, question, and coordinate work-in-process. Able to assess quality of own work as well as others. Can demonstrate ability to troubleshoot potential problems. Able to visualize finished project and incorporate improvements to enhance productivity and finished product. Able to work productively with all areas of organization.
Has accurate knowledge, understanding of and can efficiently use Microsoft Office, CDS, GroupWise, Quick Books, and other applicable software packages. Accurate knowledge of and demonstrable skills in interpersonal communication and conflict management. Demonstrates high degree of professional behavior, appearance, work ethic, attention to detail, honesty and reliability. Demonstrates ability to manage stress constructively. Can maintain positive, even temperament during periods of frustration, ambiguity, and change.
Apply in person at 231 East Avenue A, Salina KS 67401 or Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to mention you found this position on KsJobsLink.com
PKM Steel Service IInc
228 E Avenue A
Salina KS 67401