- Job Category: Administrative/Clerical
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Kansas Wesleyan University
APPLICATION AND HIRING TIMELINE INFORMATION
To apply for this position you should submit a KWU Employment Application Form, a cover letter, and resume/curriculum vitae. Please email your application materials to email@example.com (preferred method) or mail the same to:
The Office of Human Resources, Campus Box 33, Kansas Wesleyan University, 100 E. Claflin, Salina, KS 67401-6196.
In your cover letter please pay special attention to matching your actual qualifications to the required qualifications listed in this Job description. If emailing, make sure you reference the position title on the subject line of your email.
The timeline for filling this job is:
• Applications will be taken until the job is filled.
• Interviews will begin as soon as qualified applicants are identified, and continue until a hiring decision is made.
• Position is to be filled as soon as possible.
• Position begins as soon as possible.
We will NOT check personal references or present and past employers without first notifying you of our intent to do so. KWU is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we will acknowledge receipt of your application as soon as we receive it.
JOB’S TITLE: Registrar
JOB’S OPERATING GROUP: Office of the Provost
OPERATING GROUP PURPOSE/RESPONSIBILITIES: The purpose of the Provost’s Office is to create and deliver the University’s academic program so that students gain the skills, knowledge, and experiences needed to achieve career, life, and citizenship success. The major responsibilities of the office include the determination and selection of all faculty, the design and delivery of all academic curricular and academic co-curricular activities, and the design and delivery of all support and information services required to maintain University accreditation and increase student success in all academic areas of the University.
JOB’S DEPARTMENT: Office of the Registrar
DEPARTMENT’S PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The purpose of the Office of the Registrar is to provide and continually improve academic support services to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. The major responsibilities of the office include maintaining the accuracy, integrity, and security of the University's academic records and promoting equity by developing and supporting effective policies and processes.
JOB’S DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Dr. Damon Kraft, Provost
DATE JOB LAST REVIEWED OR ANALYZED: February 2019. Dr. Damon Kraft, Provost, and Kayla Pearson, Assistant Director of HR.
JOB’S EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-Time, Staff, Exempt, At-Will
JOB’S SALARY OR SALARY RANGE AND BENEFITS: Salary to be determined at hiring based on the person’s qualifications and experience. Please submit your desired salary with your application and supporting documents. Benefits are dependent on the job’s employment class and employment status.
JOB SUMMARY: Provide leadership and direction for the maintenance and continual improvement of academic support services. These activities include maintaining the accuracy, integrity, and security of the University's academic records and promoting equity by developing and supporting effective policies and processes.
JOB WORKS WITH: All constituents of the University to include administrators, staff, faculty, students, and alumni.
JOB’S STAFF AUTHORITY: Supervises the Assistant Registrar, the Academic Services Coordinator
JOB’S BUDGET AUTHORITY: Oversees an office budget shared with the Office of Student Financial Planning.
JOB’S PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: This position is in a typical office environment and will be subject to long periods of sitting and also requires standing, stooping, filing, keyboarding/typing, speaking, seeing, hearing, walking and other similar motions and activities.
JOB’S UNUSUAL HAZARDS OR WORKING CONDITIONS: N/A
JOB’S EQUIPMENT: University phone system, University computer system, desk top computer.
JOB’S WORK SCHEDULE: Typical office hours, with occasional evening or weekend hours as required by special needs or events.
JOB’S TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Less than 10% and usually related to off-campus meetings and professional development activities.
JOB DUTIES AND PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
JOB’S ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
1. LEADERSHIP (10%): The Registrar is responsible to lead and direct the efforts of the Office of the Registrar and the Office of Jenzabar Systems in order to encourage and build collaboration, effectiveness, and efficiency of services provided to the University.
1. Hire, supervise and evaluate Office of the Registrar and Office of Jenzabar Systems staff.
2. Supervise related functions for all VA School Certifying Officials.
3. Indirectly supervise Office of the Registrar work study student(s).
4. Act as secondary supervisor for Student Financial Planning Services Coordinator.
2. STUDENT RECORDS (30%): The Registrar is responsible for the collection, retention, accuracy, and reporting of student records to help guide university decisions and to support University compliance with FERPA, HEOA, HLC/Accreditor,
Federal, and State guidelines.
1. Direct and oversee student registration processes.
2. Direct preparation and issuing of official student transcripts.
3. Direct and oversee transfer and degree evaluations, grades, attendance reports, etc.
4. Confirm degrees for students who have met graduation requirements.
5. Prepare athletic eligibility certifications in consultation with the Faculty Athletic Representative and Athletic Director.
6. Research, analyze, and resolve records and registration related disputes.
7. File required federal and state reports and accreditation data reports.
8. Gather, prepare, and distribute student statistical information (e.g., grades, registration data, honors, student demographics, and retention and persistence rates).
3. ACADEMIC CATALOG AND SCHEDULE DEVELOPMENT (30%): The Registrar is responsible to oversee the development, maintenance, and publication of the academic catalog and course schedule to provide comprehensive information to students, faculty, and staff about University policies, program requirements, and course offerings and to support University accreditation requirements.
1. Prepare the University Catalog.
2. Develop and update the automated degree audit program annually.
3. Develop the academic calendar and final exam schedules.
4. Direct the preparation and administration of course schedules.
4. SUPPORT INSTITUTIONAL IMPROVEMENT INITIATIVES (20%): The Registrar provides leadership and develops appropriate recommendations for the implementation of academic policy, processes, and technology application to enhance services offered through the Office of the Registrar and the Office of Jenzabar Systems in support of the goals and objectives of the University.
1. Serve on University committees.
2. Advise on, coordinate, and implement various academic policy proposals.
3. Create, maintain, and improve academic processes.
4. Participate in and guide staff participation in professional development activities.
5. Research and develop appropriate recommendations for the implementation of related technology applications.
5. OTHER JOB DUTIES (10%):
1. Develop and administer the departmental budget.
2. Prepare commencement lists and participate in graduation activities.
3. VA School Certifying Official.
4. PERFORM OTHER APPROPRIATE AND REASONABLY REQUIRED DUTIES AS ASSIGNED BY THE JOB’S SUPERVISOR OR A UNIVERSITY ADMINISTRATOR.
JOB’S PERFORMANCE MEASURES AND STANDARDS: Actual performance standards (goals) for each performance measure will be set in consultation with the position holder and their direct supervisor.
1. Administer an efficient registration and scheduling process to deliver the University’s curriculum in accordance with its policies and regulations.
1. Curriculum maintenance
2. Semester course schedules
3. Room assignments
4. Course numbering
5. Registration procedures
6. Institutional policies and procedures
7. Enrollment activity
8. Withdrawals (drop/add)
2. Continue to provide timely, precise guidance and support to students as they work toward degree completion, as well as faculty and staff involved in the graduation process.
1. Faculty advisor support
2. Accurate degree completion audits
3. Student tracking to graduation
4. Major/minor declarations
5. Academic suspension/probation
3. Ensure that the University maintains accurate personal, academic, and enrollment records for its entire student population, past and present, and provide access to data derived from these records only when appropriate.
1. Student official educational record
2. Privacy (FERPA)
3. Parental/family guidance in release of sensitive information
4. Student completion information
5. Faculty workloads
6. Federal and State compliance
4. Demonstrate a philosophy of proactive leadership, collaboration, and continual assessment that improves outcomes within the office and throughout the University.
1. Construct/maintain a set of business practices
2. Integrity of educational and institutional records
3. High level of customer service
4. Maintain an atmosphere of civility and collegiality
5. Professional development procurement regarding Federal and State guidelines and expectations as appropriate to the Registrar’s Office.
1. Attendance at conferences, webinars, symposiums, forums, or conventions.
• MINIMUM REQUIRED: Bachelor’s Degree
• PREFERRED: Master’s Degree in Education Administration, Business Administration, or related field.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
• MINIMUM REQUIRED: None
• PREFERRED: None
• MINIMUM REQUIRED: 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in a Registrar’s office or in Enrollment Management.
• PREFERRED: 5-7 years of experience in a leadership role in a Registrar’s office with a thorough understanding of Student Information Systems and related applications, academic policies and processes, FERPA, and federal guidelines effecting higher education.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and ATTITUDES – KSAA’s:
• MINIMUM REQUIRED
• A positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to change.
• Ability to effectively manage relationships with staff, faculty and student populations.
• A strong commitment to customer service.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Outstanding team-building and leadership ability.
• Ability to interpret and prepare statistical reports.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills.
• The ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to be creative and innovative.
• The ability to collaborate with administration, faculty, staff, students and other constituencies.
• Must possess a working knowledge of FERPA regulations.
• An in-depth understanding of current compliance, regulatory and risk management policies relevant to a registrar's office.
• Ability to analyze course prerequisites and certifications.
• Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
• The ability to analyze course prerequisites, certifications, and/or curriculum/graduation requirements.
• Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operational procedures.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information. The ability to supervise and train staff, and to provide resources to contribute to their overall professional development.
• Ability to provide technical advice and information to faculty in area of expertise.
• Ability to plan and evaluate programs.
• Understanding of project management.
NOTICE OF SPECIAL JOB OR EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
1. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT DESIGNED TO COVER OR CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF ALL DUTIES AND RESULTS TO BE PERFORMED IN THIS JOB. DUTIES AND PERFORMANCE STANDARDS MAY BE ADDED, SUBTRACTED, AND/OR CHANGED BY YOUR SUPERVISOR AT ANY TIME DUE TO CHANGES IN DEPARTMENT OR UNIVERSITY REQUIREMENTS.
2. Unless exempt due to an employment contract signed by the President of the University, all employees of Kansas Wesleyan are considered as an “at-will” employee.
3. All employees of Kansas Wesleyan University are considered to be “responsible employees” pertaining to Title IX regulations concerning both the prevention and reporting of sexual assault or harassment situations. As such, all employees must communicate with the Title IX Coordinator if they witness or hear about a sexual assault or harassment situation.
4. Kansas Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer and complies with EEOC and ADA employment requirements. It is and has been the policy of Kansas Wesleyan University to grant equal opportunity to all qualified persons without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity,
Job Description - Page 5 of 5 │ Revised 05/31/16
disability, sexual orientation, religion, or veteran status. In order to fulfill its mission as a Christian institution, preference in hiring shall be given to persons who can affirm the Institution’s mission.
5. All “offers of employment” are subject to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Assistant Director of Human Resources
Please be sure to mention you found this position on KsJobsLink.com
100 E Claflin Box #33
Salina, Kansas 67401
E-mail Your Resume