- Job Category: Accounting
- Education: N/A
- FT/PT: Full-Time
- Company: Catholic Diocese of Salina
- More Jobs from this Company
The Accounting and Finance team supports the mission and goals of the Catholic Diocese of Salina. The Accountant serves as a key financial resource to the schools, parishes, Catholic Charities, the Catholic Foundation for the Diocese of Salina and the Chancery.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Benefit statement reconciliations, vendor benefit maintenance (enrollment/terminations, invoices), maintain relationship/communication with broker.
• Be the main resource person to answer benefit questions for all Chancery staff, Catholic Charities, parish and school staff.
• Financial support for the newly created Catholic foundation.
• Financial statement preparation assistance monthly for the Finance office.
• Parish/school accounting support and integration of internal controls and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required or related experience.
• 6-10 years of financial leadership experience required.
• Prefer knowledge of Catholic organizations, non-profits; the organization spans 31 counties in Kansas.
• Position requires a track record of integrity, positive communication skills, and moral/ethical decision making.
Positive, active listener and relationship builder across a diverse base of internal and external customers within the Catholic Diocese of Salina.
This role requires being an approachable, kind team player, ability to develop and maintain good relationships w/coworkers. Able to see the broader picture and can work for the good of the Finance Department and Diocese as a whole.
Is Respectful. Can treat everyone with respect, regardless of position or rank, can flex easily, shows equity in relationships, can recognize non-verbal cues and adjusts with ease. Can share differing perspectives in a concise manner and work towards results effectively.
Is known for being cooperative, collaborative, and flexible. Adaptability is required in this role. Ability to meet challenges with a positive attitude is key to success in this role. Recognizes how to use the right sense of urgency when leaning on others, providing enough notice with requests.
Is coachable. Receives feedback and is open to continuous learning and can show professional growth consistently. Avoids the use of passive aggressive behaviors.
Demonstrates commitment and dedication to faith-based organization. Adjusts schedule to meet the demands of the role, when needed, can contribute and help get a new project up and running smoothly. Is visible or participates in activities at the Chancery, parish, Catholic Charities, and school events; we are best when we are serving and representing our organization and faith daily.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
and complete on-line application at www.salinadiocese.org
Please be sure to mention you found this position on KansasJobsLink.com
Catholic Diocese of Salina
103 North 9th Street
Salina KS 67401
E-mail Your Resume